Monday, October 19, 2009

Moved to a Room

1 Thessalonians 5:18

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

If we want to know the will of God for our lives here is one clue: Give thanks in all circumstances.

One might say, "How could I give thanks? You don't know my circumstances. I have absolutely no reason to give thanks for what happened to me." But in not giving thanks we relegate ourselves to the tyranny of a broken and fallen world.

The Bible speaks of a fallen creation that needs rescue. Giving thanks reminds us and aligns us with God's rescue plan for our lives.


Yesterday we got a good surprise and a bad surprise. We were able to be released from the PICU and moved back to the floor. Our bad surpise is that we got a feeding tube. I asked all to pray for improved eating, all did and God answered the prayers (just not the way I wanted!!). Oh well, it is not the end of the world. She should only have it for a couple of months. The good thing about the feeding tube is that we can give her meds through it!!! Yay. She hates the tastes of several of her meds, so no more fighting to get them down her for a while. I want to share with you what Meemaw posted to my face book page. She said it best:

Thank you Lord for the feeding tube which will sustain this precious life as she regains her strength and her body heals. Please keep Your hand upon her and limit the days that the tube will need to remain in place. We long for the day when all Mackynlee's problems are resolved and we trust in You to complete her healing in Your perfect timing. May all who play a part in her care be positively effected by this precious child and her family. Help all of us who have had the privilege of being a part of Mackynlee's life learn the lessons she is helping You to teach us.


We are not sure when we will be able to go home. Neurologist says from her standpoint it is fine. Cardiologist says no way just yet. Her heart is still enlarged from the stress of Thursday night. There is fluid still in the chest area, but the pleural efusion has subsided (no drainage tube needed for sure).

Hospital life is really wearing on me. My body is sore! I feel like i have been lifting weights. I guess it is because of my comfy recliner/bed that I have been sharing with Mark. LOL

Today I will talk with a pediatric nutritionist. The nutritionist that I spoke with over the weekend acted as if it were no big deal if she ate or not. Then I found out she was an adult nutritionists, not a pediatric. I hope to get set up with a pediatric nutritionist in Hattiesburg. Does anyone know a good one, or one at all in that area?


BE THANKFUL

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire. If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something, for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times. During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations, because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary, because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.

A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Find a way to be thankful for your troubles, and they can become your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment