Saturday, October 17, 2009

SEIZURES

Just met with a neurologist. (Weird meeting with a doc at this time of night on a Saturday night.) I left the hospital to go to Wal-mart about 10ish and she came by. Mark told her to come back. To my surprise she did. Her name is Dr. Bruce. She is going to be our neurologist after we are discharged for two reasons. She actually came to talk with us, wasn't in a hurry, and has answers for us. She watched a home video that I made of one of Mackynlee's "episodes". Mackynlee has been having seizures. The seizures she is having are called complex-partial seizures. Dr. Bruce has increased her seizure medicine and has given me the peace of mind I have been needing. She has explained everything very well. If I feel uncomfortable after returning home, I may call her or email her at anytime. These seizures should not cause damage to her brain and she should eventually stop having them. The brain bleed is not as bad as it was a week ago, but it is still there.

Mackynlee has had a good day today. We may get to move to a room tomorrow. We really enjoyed all of our visitors today. The day passed so quickly.

Sundays are always the best day! Everyone joins together in prayer. Here's a list.

Specific Prayer Request

Pray for continued overall improvement (fluid goes away, no more seizures, eating improves).

Pray for us to be able to go home soon and feel okay about taking her home.

Pray after we return home all of these issues will be no longer. Pray we have a peace of mind that all will be okay.

Pray for Shelby and Connor during our time away from them once again. Even though they have been for a visit, it is not the same as being at home together as a family. Being at home as a family was only a few days between hospital stays.

Thank you all for your prayers. It is so nice and releaves such stress and tension knowing what a huge group of prayer warriers we have lifting us up each day. Words cannot express our appreciation.

2 Chronicles 7:14-15
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to talk to the neurologist and get some comforting news!

    We will continue our prayers for her recovery!

    Stefenie, Ryan, Wyatt and Logan Jacks
    www.whenlifehandsyouabrokenheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete