Friday, October 16, 2009

Being Monitored More Closely

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.


Mark 10:27
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

We have had an eventful night. Rapid Response was called to our room twice. The last time they were called to our room, we were moved to the PICU stepdown. I feel much better being here than I felt about being on the floor. I don't even know how to tell what all has happened. Her meds were not given because she was on ppo. She was given IV fluid for a lengthy period of time without her lasix. Her body could not handle it. She has had sleep apnea episodes, heavy breathing, sats dropping. Now the cardiologist says we have a pleural efusion. This is going to take several days to get better. The plan is to treat her with lots of dieuretics. If this doesn't work, a tube will be placed. I pray hard this is not what happens.

I told heart doc that Mark is screaming, "Go back to CHOP." She assures me if we need to be there she will send us. Right now it would be dangerous for Mackynlee to fly because of the fluid. Dr. Shores says all of these issues can be handled here for now.


We know that there was blood seen on the MRI, but we do not know yet if it worse, the same, or not as bad as when we were at CHOP. Hoping to find out later today. Cardiologist said she has put word in for the neurologist to get by today and discuss all of this with me.

Although this has been a horrible experience here at UMC, there are many good doctors and nurses. I feel now we are on the right track. I have had many apologizing to me. My response is: POOR COMMUNICATION. I have spoken with nurse managers and later today I am speaking to a person that is over the hospital.

I have picked about my improvement plan for UMC from day 1, but now I am serious about it. I am talking and emailing people. There are many changes that can be made here that will not cost this hospital a thing. I am trying to keep my cool, but get my point across!! I have many stories to tell.

Meemaw was up with us all night. She is now sleeping at Stephen's. Cindy Stogner is in the waiting area. No one is allowed back here except for parents until after 12:00. Then one visitor at a time accompanied by a parent. We will remain here in the PICU stepdown for now. If we are moved, we will be moved to the heart floor. The nurses there have more experience with heart patients.

Thanks Jarod Chance for stopping by. It is such a warm feeling to talk to other heart parents. I aslo enjoyed a visit with Sherry Milner and a phone call from Julie Crump. Both moms of special babies!!

Mark is on his way here. He has been offshore. I decided it were best if he were here in case decisions need to be made. Things can get better in 5 minutes or can get worse in 5 minutes or not change in 5 days. This is a roller coaster ride. Anything with these heart babies is serious!!!!

Shelby and Connor are coming with him. Shelby can come in to see Mackynlee for a few minutes. I think this will be good for Shelby and Mackynlee.

Mackynlee just took a two ounce bottle of formula. Nurse says this is a really good sign!!

Meemaw keeps saying God is here. I have read this over and over.

I am God.

Today I will be handling all your problems.
Please remember that I do not need your help.

If the devil happens to deliver a situation to you
that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it.

Kindly put it in the SFJTD (something for Jesus to do) box.
It will be addressed in my time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold on
to it or attempt to remove it.

Holding on or removal will delay the resolution of your problem.

If it is a situation that you think you are capable of handling,
please consult me in prayer to be sure that it is the proper resolution.

Because I do not sleep nor do I slumber,
there is no need for you to lose any sleep.

Rest my child.

If you need to contact me, I am only a prayer away.

No comments:

Post a Comment