Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chest X ray Looking Better

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6

Mackynlee had a very good night last night. She is looking much better and acting more and more like herself. The chest xray from yesterday did show a decrease in the fluid. Our heart doc has put her on several IV dieuretics to decrease the fluid. The xray shows from today that the fluid has decreased again!! Heart doc just came by. She feels better about things from a cardiac view.

The MRI shows that the brain bleed is no longer active. There is still blood there. This will take some time to go away. Doctors do think this is what is causing her to have headaches, agitation, and "episodes with her eyes, etc". Neurologist will be coming by today to discuss this in detail.

Mackynlee is not breathing heavy at all anymore. The nurse said her #'s have been stable. She was wondering if we would be moved to a room today. I guess we will find out after doctors make rounds this morning. Either way is fine with me. I do like being here in the PICU. After all we went through on the floor, being here and monitored so closely gives me a piece of mind. If we are moved to the floor, it will be to the heart floor.

Shelby and Connor came to the hospital last night. Shelby got to visit with Mackynlee. I actually left the hospital for the first time. Meemaw and Stephen sat with the baby. Mark and I took Shelby and Connor to Bonsai. This was Connor's first time there. He thought the fire was too cool. I enjoyed taking a little break and being with them. They are still in Jackson today. They spent the night with Meemaw and Stephen. We plan for them to hang out with us at the hospital today, and then head back to Columbia. Not sure how they are going to get there. Meemaw may go home since Mark is here. So, they may ride with her. I don't think our moms are coming back to the hospital today. They were both here yesterday for a while. Perry, my brother, brought Mackynlee a balloon. She has really been watching it this morning.

I was so glad Cindy Stogner came and spent the day with us yesterday. Meemaw got to go rest. She wouldn't leave me by myself. I enjoyed the company. When we got moved to a room in the PICU(we were hanging out in an open area to begin with), I let Cindy watch the baby and I crashed!! She tag teamed with my mom. I don't know how long I slept, but it was very much needed. I also loved the t-shirt you got me Cindy. I am wearing it today. The shirt has a beautiful cross on the back and it says IN HIS HAND IS THE LIFE OF EVERY CREATURE AND THE BREATH OF ALL MANKIND.
JOB 12:10 Thanks Cindy. A new shirt always makes things better!! Enjoying the magazines too!!

Bro. Tim also came by yesterday. He was hopping. I told him I was mad that he came, but he had to come to Jackson for a doc visit anyway. I wasn't quite as mad when he told me that. He had a touching prayer with us. We appreciate him stopping by so much, but we do not want him to become exhausted. He had knee surgery last week.

It is so good to have Mark here. This was part of our wedding vows: I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. It really makes a difference to have that support. I am so burdened for these children that are here without parents. A nurse said to me that many belong to single moms that have other children. I just cannot imagine not having someone to lean on. Neither could I imagine leaving my child here. When Mackynlee was in the CICU at CHOP, she had one on one nursing care. We left the hospital to eat, etc. I never felt bad about it, because she was in excellent care, and it was never for a long period of time. These moms have no idea if their child is being taken care of. Most of these do not have one on one care from nurses. It is just hard to see. One child cried for his mom all night. It was such a pitiful cry. I have found out that his mom was with him. He was just in much pain. The difference here from the CICU at CHOP is that there were only heart babies in our unit. Here it is any child that is critical. There are many different reasons and sicknesses mixed together here. (Hope that makes sense.)

No comments:

Post a Comment