Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Big Scare

Mackynlee's surgery is scheduled less than two weeks away. She started being restless on Monday, started running fever Tuesday, and crying continuously. I took her to the doctor yesterday (special thanks to Meemaw for riding with me). Praise God she has an ear infection. The doctor said if she had to get sick before surgery this was our best scenario!! She has already started feeling and looking much better. She slept all night long last night and was back at her usual, happy self this morning. This should not effect our surgery date at all. Pray she doesn't come down with anything else. We are keeping her in as much as possible to prevent her from being exposed to anything. When Shelby and I get home each evening we put our clothes straight into the washing machine and take a bath before touching anything!!

As you pray for Mackynlee, please pray for our whole family as we go through this 2nd surgery. I'm not going to sugar coat it; it is so diffucult. The least little thing, much less the big things, upsets me. Tuesday I had to go to an IEP(individualized educational plan) meeting on Mackynlee's behalf. It was all I could do not to cry. I have been in many of these meetings before as the teacher, but it is a totally different feeling being the parent of the child that needs the service. She really doesn't need any services at this time, this is mostly for precautionary measures. This service will help her catch up physically on any developmental delays she might face after surgery.

I also had to meet with my insurance person this week. She saw I had life insurance on two of my three children. She insisted I take it out also on my third child. I told her no. She continued to insist. I then told her I knew my third child would not qualify. She still, after hearing of the heart problem, insisted to try. We were denied. Then she continued to try to get Mackynlee to qualify for different insurances (I think because she felt so bad she had upset me and had not taken my word to begin with). Of course she was denied over and over. This was so hard for me to swallow. I knew she would not qualify, but I guess reality set in once again.

Each day closer to the surgery is more difficult to bear. It's not just the surgery date, but the date we will be separated once again from Shelby and Connor. Shelby is struggling in school this year. It breaks my heart to have to be so far away and not be able to help her each day with her homework. When in a situation like this, it is diffucult on all of the family members.

We are so thankful that Meemaw is going to stay at our house during the week(day and night) with Shelby and Connor. We feel this will provide consistency and stability for the two of them while we are away. They will visit with grand parents on the weekends. This is another blessing from God.

He has blessed us, and continues to bless us daily. We thank Him for giving us our three children. Our heart baby has changed our lives in so many ways. Although it is a difficult road in many ways to travel, we would not want it any other way.

This is a bible verse that I find much comfort in. I try to focus on it in the place of my worrying.

Isiah 41:10
Don't you be afraid for I am with you. Don't be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.