Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New Hope

As all of you know, this is Mackynlee's birthday month. I have been thinking so much about this time last year, her birth, and the two surgeries she went through. She is a true miracle from the Heavens above.

We are planning her birthday party for the last Saturday of this month. Everyone is invited to join us for this celebration. I will be giving more details on this event soon.

"Mary set out in haste to a town of Judah, where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the Holy Spirit, cried out in a loud voice, 'Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. And blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.'

And Mary said, 'My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on all ages will call me blessed. The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.'"
Luke 1: 39-49
God's greatest gift to a man and woman is the gift of a child. A mother is touched by the love of God in a unique way when a child comes to life within her. When her child stirs in the first movements of new life, she becomes part of God's greatest miracle. Her child is completely new, yet so close to her that she can hardly distinguish her child from herself. This child makes her life a circle of love. It is a circle made complete by God, and as long as God is present, this circle of love will be unbroken.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"God our Father, you bestow your greatest blessing on us when you call upon us to take part in the miracle of bringing new life into the world. You fill us with wonder as we watch this life grow from its very beginning. And you teach us to love as we love this child whom you entrust to our care. We give you thanks for this gift of life, and as we cherish this gift we ask you to encircle us always with your fatherly love."


Wanted to touch base with everyone. Our miracle Mackynlee now weighs 17 lbs!!!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!! Yesterday we had an appointment with her neurologist. She gave us lots of new hope. She believes that Mackynlee's feeding issues do relate to her seizure activity. We are going to be changing seizure medications. This is going to take 40 days. It is a slow process. Doc believes within a couple to three months our baby will be eating with out a feeding tube!! Keep the prayers going up. This would definitely be an answer to our prayers. Yesterday's appointment was a confirmation from God that we did the right thing by not preceeding with the peg tube surgery. I know many heart babies have difficulties eating, and I can accept that her eating problems are heart related. It is just that her tongue does this weird thing. It has been doing weird things since before we left CHOP. Yesterday was the first time that I felt any doc was truely listening to me describing her strange tongue movements. In the past, I feel everyone has just written this feeding issue off to her heart defect. Which that still may be the case, but if changing her meds may get her eating on her own, hey that's easy enough to give it a try.

Physically, Mackynlee is crawling. Well, she crawls with one leg and walks with the other. It is too precious. She is babbling a lot. Last night Mark was picking on me and I said to Mackynlee to say "dada hush." She said "DAAA" quite loudly. She is just such a joy to us. She thinks she is just as big as Shelby and Connor. She likes to play chase, hide n seek, and the list goes on and on.

Prayer List:

My friend Rhonda Pittman had surgery yesterday. Keep her and her family in your prayers.

Our Uncle Charles is still in the hospital. He is still on a vent. He is not doing well at all. Lift him and his family up in your prayers continuously!!

I am sure there is many more, but I have to get to my sweet fifth graders. Break time is over for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I feel so bad that I am just now catching up with you guys! I will for sure keep sweet Mackynlee in my prayers. I can definitely relate to some of these issues...it's tough. Praying strength for you guys :). I've been thinking about Anniston's first birthday party so much lately, and I just know it's going to be cause for a HUGE celebration, just like Mackynlee's!!! Y'all are going to have so much fun! Let me know if you ever need anything at all. Much love :)...

    ReplyDelete