Saturday, January 9, 2010

Lots of Prayer Requests

Mackynlee's appointment Wednesday with heart doc went great. Her heart is doing fine. She got taken off of one of her meds!! YAY Still not sure about peg tube surgery. Heart doc and GI doc are deciding for us. We should hear something soon.

Seems like everytime I get a phone call, check face book, or get a text, it is bad news. Please pray for the following who is in need.

Our Uncle Charles Montgomery was flown from Wesley Medical Center to Tulane yesterday. His liver is not functioning properly. There is concern about his kidneys shutting down. This is Mark's mother's sister's husband. He lives in Sumrall. His amonia level has gone from 300+ to now around 50. This is a good thing. His son told me this was a good level for him. Doctors are running test to find out more info. Uncle Charles has a shunt in his brain from previous surgeries.

Misty McNabb's neice(less than 2 years old) is in Tulane. I copied the following from Misty's fb page:

Our sweet Avery has been diagnosed with A.L.L. T-Cell Leukiemia. We are heartbroken. The docs are very positive and say 85 to 90 percent Avery can be cured! The 1st month is the hardest for Avery - she began last night with her "induction chemotherapy". Please pray for Avery each and everyday and also strength for Ashl...ey and Aj to get through each day as they learn how to take care of her.

This family has been through so much already with the "sick children" world. Misty's son Myles has been sick since he was born and has had surgeries himself.

Mary Nell Livingston's brother Forrest Danton had a brain anurism. He is in critical condition. Pray for him and this family. Mary Nell is a teacher at WMP. I have just recieved an email stating that he has passed. Please pray for this family.

Wishing Angel Ethin a Happy 1st Birthday. He was born January 9, 2009. He met Jesus on June 27, 2009. His life was cut short due to congenitial heart disease. Please lift his family up in your prayers today.

I am asking all of you to go to the following website: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/chdfight/. Please sign this petition. It is "Fight For Newborns Who Can't Speak For Themselves". This is free. You do not have to donate. After clicking Sign, you do not have to do anything else. Your signiture is ...valuable and makes a real difference. Think about my Mackynlee. The doctor's first option for us was to abort.


One of my high school teachers sent me the following email this morning. I wanted to share it with all of you.

BURNED BISCUITS

When I was a kid, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then.

I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work.

On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage, and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad.

I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed, yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school.

I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and eat every bite.

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits, and I'll never forget what he said.

He smiled at her and said, "Honey, I love burned biscuits."

Later that night, I went to kiss my dad good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned.

He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your mom put in a hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides, a little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone."

Life is full of imperfect things and imperfect people. I'm not the best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else, but what I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each others faults, and choosing to celebrate each others differences, is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

And that's my prayer for you today. That you will learn to take the good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and lay them at the feet of God, because in the end, He's the only one who will be able to give you a relationship where a burnt biscuit isn't a deal-breaker.

We could extend this to any relationship. In fact, understanding is the base of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or parent-child or friendship.

Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket, keep it in your own.

God bless you today and always.

So, pass me a biscuit, and yes, the burnt one will do just fine.

And pass this along to someone who has enriched your life . . . I just did.

1 comment: