Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Upcomingappointments

Miss Mackynlee is doing great! She is such a momma's baby and I am loving it. She loves both Shelb and Connor, but she and Connor really look out for each other. They are continuously hugging each other. He calls her BooBoo. Yesterday she walked almost all of the way across the living room. Connor was soooo proud of her. I pray when my children grow up they will continue to be close and continue to love each other as they do now.

Next week we will start our visits to Mackynlee's doctors. Please begin praying all news is positive. God is in control. I know His will will be and not mine, but it has been so so awesome not to go to a doctor's appointment for a couple of months. As I was watching Mackynlee sleep and saying some prayers, I thanked God over and over for allowing the last few months to be "normal" around here. She has not vomited since the first week of May. That was so stressful on all of us. Looking back on that time in her life, I do not know how I continued to function. I pray those days are gone for good!!

Prayer Requests:
Mackynlee

Doug Turnage(He had a four wheeler wreck on Memorial Day. There has been many ups and downs. He has had several brain surgeries. Please pray for God to heal him and to be with his family during this difficult time.)

Rhonda Pittman (breast cancer)

Two fiends of mine who I will not name: one is having marriage problems the other is medical concerns.


Father, I pray that You Will help me not to be so self-centered. Fill me with the desire to think of others and to help them however I am able. AMEN

A Point to Ponder... It isn't difficult to make a mountain out of a molehill-just add a little dirt.

THANK YOU LORD FOR

Thank you for this sink of dirty dishes;
we have plenty of food to eat.

Thank you for this pile of dirty, stinky laundry;
we have plenty of nice clothes to wear.

And I would like to thank you, Lord,for those unmade beds;
they were so warm and comfortable last night.
I know that many have no bed.

My thanks to you, Lord, for this bathroom complete with all the splattered mess, soggy, complete with all the splattered mess, soggy, grimy towels and the dirty lavatory; they are all so convenient.

Thank you God this finger-smudged refrigerator that needs defrosting so badly; it has served us faithfully for many years. It is full of cold drinks and enough leftovers for two or three meals.

Thank you, Lord, for this oven that absolutely must be cleaned today; it has baked so many things over the years.

The whole family is grateful for that tall grass that needs mowing and lawn that needs raking; we all enjoy the yard.

Thank you, Lord, even for that squeaking door.
My kids are healthy and able to run and play. Many children cannot.

Lord, the presence of all these chores awaiting me says You have richly blessed my family. I shall do them cheerfully and I shall do them gratefully.

Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings...
Thank you, Lord, that I can hear.
There are many who are deaf.

Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light
as long as possible...Thank you, Lord, that I can see. Many are blind.

Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising...
Thank you, Lord, that have the strength to rise.

There are many who are bedridden.

Even tough the first hour of my day is hectic
with socks that are lost, toast that is burned,
tempers that are short, and my children that are so loud...
Thank you, Lord, for my family.
There are so many who are lonely.

Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures
in magazines and the menu is at times not balanced...
Thank you, Lord, for the food we have.
There are many who are hungry.

Even though the routine of my job is often monotonous...
Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work.
There are many who are jobless.

Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day
and wish my circumstances were not so modest...
Thank you, Lord, for life.

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed,
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God
and the Father through Him.

Psalms 100:4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts
with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment