Tuesday, April 20, 2010

AnotherRollerCoasterRIde

We are still around, just cannot seem to find the time to post lately. The last week has been pretty difficult. Mackynlee has lost a pound. We may be facing the "feeding tube" again. I cannot express to you what the thought of that does to me. She has also had some major throwing up issues. The weight loss was before the throwing up set in. We are not certain if she had a virus or what was going on. Thank God she has finally able to take her pediasure again and is keeping it down. We will know more about the feeding tube by her weight at the beginning of next week. I know God does not put any more on you than you can handle, but lately I am so not sure how much more I can handle. If we have to do the feeding tube again, I will need more prayer than ever before.

Life is challenging. Life with a sick child is overwhelmingly challenging at times. (Not even sure overwhelmingly is a word.) It is always "what if this?" "what if that?" "should I go home from work?" "should we wait it out?" "should we call the doctor?" "should we make that dreaded 2 hour drive to Jackson?" etc?????????

Say some prayers for our Olivia Torian. She is having a feeding tube put in surgically next month. Tara: Take notes, we may be right there behind yall.

1 comment:

  1. Logan had a feeding tube for 18 months. I know it is hard coming to that decision but I can tell you this....we never once regretted getting it. It was a blessing and took so much stress out of our days. We no longer had to worry over how much he was eating or not eating.

    Hang in there! Always praying!

    ReplyDelete