Saturday, November 21, 2009

An Update For Hammer

Hammer, this update is especially for you!!

Hammer(Eric) is a good friend of ours. He works offshore with Mark. They have both been offshore this week. So he knows exactly what is going on here at home. Mark tells him everything. He knows much more than I put on this web page. He knows everything about what is going on with the baby plus when I am in a bad mood, when I chew Mark out, ect. But, he tells Mark to tell me he needs an update. So, here it is.

The baby had an appointment with Dr. Bishop yesterday. We will have an upper barrum swallow Tuesday and another test on Dec 1st. Then the date will be set to put in the g-tube. This will be a 3 to 5 night hospital stay. Finding out that has greatly upset me. We are also changing the way we feed Mackynlee. We will now feed her around the clock every 3 hours. We will increase the amount we give her. This should stretch her tummy. The more it stretches, the more we can feed her and the less times we will have to feed her. (I hope that makes sense.)

As for me, I am exhausted. Everything has caught up with me once again. I hate being on such a tight schedule with the baby. There is always something to do for her. Now feeding her bolus feeds only, the schedule will be tighter and tougher. Life is just very difficult right now. I feel like a prisoner to our house. I come home as quickly as I can after work each evening. If there is anything I need to do, I have to get people to sit with Mackynlee and I am always in such a rush to get back to her before her next feed or meds. I have told Mark when he gets home he is going to be the winner of getting to walk in my shoes for a few days. I have got to be freed from a little stress. I need to sleep late, take a nap, or just whatever I want at the time I want. I know this sounds selfish, but I just need a break from my everyday stressful routine.

Stacy Dixon Creaole, a classmate of ours, lost her father this week. I ask that all keep this family in your prayers.

Father of all mercies and God of consolation, You love us eternally and transform the shadows of death into the dawn of life. Look upon our grief; be our refuge and comfort so that our sadness and sorrow may turn into the light and peace of Your Presence. In dying, Your Son destroyed death; in rising, He restored life. Grant that at the end of our earthly pilgrimage we may be found in His company with our brothers and sisters. There, You shall wipe away every tear. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment